Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Bright Side

I've spent a lot of time complaining about what I am missing by not living in the States as well as bitching about my furniture, curtains, etc. But occasionally I do see the benefits. I suppose I am a little out of my comfort zone since I really have no control over much here and I miss my furniture, friends and watching my boys play soccer. I was initially irritated that the pizza here just didn't taste right so I decided to try to make it myself-from scratch. I've never made dough or pasta sauce ever before but figured it couldn't be that hard. Well, it was time consuming and a bit labor intensive but I was rewarded with the best tasting pizza I've ever had. Then, I tried making my own tortellini....it was awesome. I am putting a pasta maker on my birthday list though since kneading pasta dough is really hard. And for an added bonus, I've lost a few pounds-something I'd been trying to do for months.


So, there is a silver lining but I still miss my stuff and soccer.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for silver linings!
    It makes life so much easier, in any situation.
    Way to go on the pasta and pizza. That is incredible. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel we are kindred spirits. For one, we've chosen the same background color for our blogger blogs. Secondly, I miss my stuff and often bitch about the furniture/curtains/etc. And finally, I don't like to shop much, but since I am alone in a new place with few friends and no job, I too shop to fill my time. Wild. In any event, I feel ya sister. And speaking as a professional chef, that pasta roller will soon be your favorite toy.

    ReplyDelete