Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some people are just nice.

I resigned myself to another day of emails, issues and headaches but that's not what happened. Last ngiht I received an email clarifying for me why our travel orders were not working out for us. In a nut shell my husband drove up to DC thus not allowing the kids and I to fly up to DC to join him. I understand now that everybody has to travel the same way and it wasn't that the gov't didn't want to pay for us to go but rules are rules and we should have driven up with him if we had wanted them to pay for it. Had he flown, we all would have been issued flight allowances and that would be the end of it. Live and learn. The orders could not be changed and that was final.
So I thought. I just received an email from my travel regulation guru that said he may have a solution and he'd get back to me. He didn't have to do that for us, we're not even his responsibility. He rocks. If it turns out that nothing can be done, I am fine with that now, having made my peace with it last night but what a great bonus that would be !
The second amazing thing that happened to me today was that I had my dh drop my beloved, slightly aged, Audi off at a garage to have a once over before we sell it on our way to NZ. They gave it a clean bill of health after checking EVERYTHING and told me to have it picked up at 5 and there would be no charge ! What ? I have never heard of such a thing. After I argued with the man and told him that he'd have to charge me something, he said no. He's just happy to have us as a new customer. Uh, ok. Well, that's a first.
So after feeling like a red headed step child who has been kicked around for the last 3 weeks, I am having a great day. And anyone who is reading this who owns an German car...take it to Volks Works in Falls Church. What better recommendation do you need ?

No comments:

Post a Comment